Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I've been MIA. Okay, not really. I just moved. I moved to Austin, Texas in June. I moved with my dear friend Cayla. It was a bit rough at first, but after our first official summer here I think we have it down. We both got new jobs at the Melting Pot.


I really feel like we're really Austinites now. It's weird. I've lived in Oklahoma my whole life and then uprooted my life and it's just been great in the oddest way. I may go back and talk about things that happened in the summer, but I'm going to move this blog forward, and in the now. I'll try to update at least weekly, but that'll depend really because we don't have the internet in our apartment and I'm not sure that we plan on getting it. 


Major changes that have happened since I left Oklahoma: Pastry school is put off for a year, Cayla is figuring out what she wants to do in her life, I got a new job for the first time in four years, I bought a new car, I'm living further away from my immediate family than ever before; but closer to my extended family.


Like I said, life was a bit rough and scary when we moved here initially, but it's definitely on the up and up now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment