Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My New Year's Resolution

I'm not really into making new year's resolutions. I figure if you want to lose weight/stop smoking/whatever you are changing then start then, not the beginning of the year. I get the whole it's a new year start over thing, but I think if you want to do something bad enough you will do it then and not wait until the beginning of the year.


But that's just my two cents.


And with that said I sort of made a resolution for 2010. It was kind of on accident how everything fell into place, and the fact that I didn't realize today was December 30th. (Where did the year go? Another post for another time.) So a resolution was accidently made.


My resolution is getting out of debt. I'm not like terribly in debt that I can't afford to live or anything, but I am in debt.


I feel like I should back up because after all I did have a pretty crazy fall.  (Again, another post for another time.)
I've been 'on my own' (with the exception of insurance and my phone) since I was 15, and had a job. Somewhere along the line credit card accounts were opened, a new car was purchased, college was attended, and I was very helpful to a couple parents of mine. 


You know that saying when it rains it pours? 


That seems to be my life theme. 


I moved back to Tulsa, and lost a ton of hours with work. With that I wasn't able to make a lot of payments. (Stop judging me for making bad life decisions.) Thus my current situation.


I'm slowly, but surely getting this whole situation taken care of. 


I'm not going to blame anyone else but myself for this because I should have put other things first, but I was irresponsible with bills, and have to suffer the consequences. 


Live and Learn, right? 


Over and out.




No comments:

Post a Comment