Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

It seems to be a popular thing to summarize 2009. So being the band wagon jumper that's what I'm going to do as well. 


January
Moved into a new ghetto fabulous house. Started my first semester in the education program. My brother, Jacob and sister- in-law, Rachael announced they were pregnant! 


February.
Worked like crazy. Started my field experience at an inner city school, Crooked Oak. Started to make good friends with the girls I worked with at a church on Sundays. 


March.
One of my best friends, Casey, got engaged on her birthday. Went to my Grandparent's house(s) in Texas over spring break. My Grandma Washburn passed down her wedding ring to me. 


April.
Wrapped up a busy semester. 


May.
Friends came from all over to see our favorite band in an intimate setting. Molly, a close friend of mine, moved in with me in my ghetto house.


June. 
Carla, my first college room mate got married. Melanie, a family fiend, got married. 


July.
I got an iphone. I turned 21. My sister, Shelby, turned 18. One of my oldest friends, Mary, had her baby, Spencer William.


August.
I moved back to Tulsa from Okc. Decided I didn't want to be a teacher any longer. Went to Texas for my Granddad Washburn's 80th birthday. My baby cousin, Jessalyn, turned 16 and had a giant blow out. 


September.
Wedding business with Casey. Got my third tattoo.


October.
Casey got married. My sweet nephew, Gabriel William, was born. Went to: Stl, Indy, Detroit, Chicago, Boston, Nyc, North Carolina, South Carolina, & Houston. Why? To see my favorite band, and because I'm a little bit crazy. Baby Gabe took a few trips to the hospital.


November.
Spent two weeks with Kira, Vanessa, Gen and some others  all over California: Sacramento, San Francisco, LA, San Diego, Anaheim. Went to Texas for Thanksgiving to see my crazy family.


December.
Decided to move back to Okc. Had a white Christmas.


I'm sure there are things I missed, but those were the things from the past 12 months that stuck out to me. It was a busy year, but it was a great year. I got myself into some crazy situations, but I always learned from them. I have a feeling 2010 is going to be a big year. I'm not graduating college like I once thought, but that's ok because I'm going to do something that's always been a dream of mine. I've got somethings planned out for 2010 and it's just going to be an over all fantastic year. Mark my words. 


-Lauren

1 comment:

  1. you're not going to graduate from college? what are you going to do?

    ReplyDelete