Thursday, April 15, 2010

This is something I've wanted to blog about for a while, but never really got around to it so I figured today is as good of day as any.

I'm single. And I have been for most of my life. Sure I've a few boyfriends nothing serious and not ever anymore than a few months, but here's the thing...... I'm ok with it. Yeah, I don't hate being single. Why do I not mind being single? There are lots of reasons really, but the biggest reasons are because I am SUPER picky about who I date. Like, maybe the pickiest person ever. I won't date a guy if I don't see him as marriage potential. That may seem like jumping the gun, but I think it's a huge waste of time to date someone you can't see yourself marrying. And because I don't feel like I've met a guy that is even kind of the right one for me. I am a very outgoing person and I meet all sorts of people, but I just haven't met many guys that are really worth investing all that time in. That's not say that I don't have guy friends because I do, and the ones I do are some of the best friends I could have ever asked for. Really. They are incredible. I'm not lying, but I don't see them as more than that. I mean, maybe someday maybe one of those friendships could develop into more, but I highly doubt it, and I'm not holding my breath.

I also don't think I'm ready for a serious relationship at this point in my life. And by don't think I mean I absolutely know that I'm not ready for that kind of relationship. I am still figuring out my life, and while I'm being honest here, I'm too selfish to be in a relationship right now.

It really seems to bother my mom that I'm not in a relationship. I think it may have to be because she got married pretty young and my brother did too, but that is my mom's relationship and my brother's not mine. If they felt ready to be in a relationship/married so young good for them, I'm not downing getting married young by any means, it just isn't in the cards for me.

It took me a long time to get to this point of "acceptance." And I know in my heart of hearts that there IS an incredible man out there for me, who isn't going to hold me back from anything and that is going to love me whole heartedly. Until I find him I'm going to keep living my life and enjoying it. Because if you can't enjoy being single and loving yourself then how are you going to love someone else and enjoy being married/in a committed relationship?

lmw.

2 comments:

  1. There is so much truth in that last sentence. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your time and enjoy not having someone next to you snoring! ;)

    ReplyDelete