Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Feel Weird.

Whoops. I forgot to blog for a few weeks. I've been kind of busy having a life! It's nice that it isn't just work!!! 

I've been hanging out with my room mates like usual. We've made margarita Monday a weekly thing. It's nice to have 20 people over for a few hours.. and because sometimes I decide that I don't want to be around anyone there are 4 other people that live here and entertain them. 

I met with Platt College about pastry arts. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. There is so much junk to get into place before I can start. I'm thinking about some other stuff too though... More on that later... as it gets decided. :)

We painted our dining/kitchen area thing a light purple. I really like it, it isn't something you normally see in a kitchen, and we weren't sure if it would work, but it does. We also painted the living room a light yellow which is soft and my favorite color, so I automatically love it. I'm going to paint my room a green, and paint/get white furniture. I want to take the duck border down so bad. 

Oh, also I decided to go vegan a few days ago. So far so good.

Katie and I went to Texas this last weekend. We went and saw Steel Train in Austin and Dallas. We drove down that Thursday and stayed with my grandparents in San Marcos, which was super nice because I rarely get to see them. We met up with our friends Miranda and Mel early on Friday and we explored the city...and let me just say that I fell in love. Head over heals in love. We talked to Jack, the lead guitarist and singer a bit, and I gave him these awesome cookies I made. Then we made our way outside and talked to Evan, the bass player for a while. After seeing one of the best shows I've ever seen Steel Train play and staying out until 3, we went back to Mel's and slept.  We got up and Katie and I headed over to Dallas the next day. We hung out and went to the show and were front and it ruled, like always. We made a friend in line too. She is precious. Her name is Lauren, she's 17 and from California. She was visiting her dad and came by herself so we befriended her. She also had a photo pass so she took awesome pictures. After the show we jetted, but not before talking to sweet Jack. Katie got a pin from him and I got his love. The next day we went to Ikea and Katie fell in love. We were in there for a bit and got some pretty cool stuff. Then we made the trek back to Oklahoma City. It was a really pretty perfect weekend. I think that basically sums up what has been going on. I'll end this post with a playlist of what I've listening to lately. 




















































1. Tom Waits- Please Call me Baby
2. Good Night Laura- Spoon
3. Cough Syrup- Young the Giant (formerly The Jakes) 
4. San Bernardino- The Mountain Goats
5.  Fake Empire- The National
6. Dancing in the Dark- Bruce Springsteen 
7. Under Pressure- Bowie & Queen
8. Peace Train- Cat Stevens
9. Lullaby- Billy Joel
10. Holy Tulsa Thunder- Beau Jennings 

love, lauren.

1 comment:

  1. You are SUCH a sweetheart! Thanks for mentioning me:) Someday when I get around to writing about that amazing time I had in Dallas I'll be sure to give ya a shout out! Alright, can't wait to read another one, post soon.

    Love,

    Your Concert Buddy Lauren

    ReplyDelete