Friday, January 1, 2010

Organic v. Conventional

How many people eat organic? Do you?

I do. Or at least I try to as often as possible. I haven't eaten it as much as since I moved back to Tulsa, but I prefer it over conventional (non organic.) And I will get right back on that eating 90% organic train as soon as I move out of my parent's house later in January. Sorry, Michael. (Michael is going to be my room mate when I move and I have no idea if he eats organic or not.)

Why do I prefer organic? My brother, Jacob and his wife, Rachael are the most confused by it. They call me hippie and often make fun of me for the food I eat and the natural cleaners, make up, lotions etc. We all just agree to disagree.

Here are the top 4 reasons I prefer organic food over conventional food.


  • I like that the food has ingredients I can pronounce, and more than that I like that I actually know what the ingredients are. 
  • I like to believe that organic food is fair trade.
  • Organic practices are safer for the environment, and animals.  
  • Organic food simply tastes better than conventional food. Let's be real here folks, it's true. 
Those are just 4 simple reasons *I* choose to eat organic. There are plenty of other reasons but I'm not going to get into it. I don't like to shove my beliefs down people's throats and I'm not going to do it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment